General Guidelines for Home Owner
AGREEMENT Between OWNER and BUILDING Contractor in Baroda
After several meetings with different Building contractors / Civil contractors in order to build your Dream House and going through several building construction Quotations, After which you Select the building contractor who you feel is the right person for building your House in Vadodara. The NEXT step is quite Critical and important in order to make sure that the project proceeds smoothly without completes without any delays or conflicts with the Civil contractors.
Many people miss the importance of having a well-documented agreement between the Owner and Contractor which is beneficial for both the parties including the Owner and Civil contractors. Below we have made points to consider while making the mutual agreement.
PONTS CONSIDERED WHILE DRAFTING THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN BUILDING CONTRACTOR AND OWNER
- Building Construction rates along with the detailed specifications.
- Detailed Project Timelines.
- Who pays for the Architect Fees / House planning charges the construction phase.
- Payment time lines along with due dates.
- What will be the Owners Scope of work?
- Delays in Payment made by Owner (important).
- Delays in Work done by the Building Contractors (important).
- Security/Ownership of Construction materials on site.
- The penalty for Delayed Work / Delayed payment.
- Mention of all Kinds of work carried out by the Contractor for the proposed House.
- Extra works along with Cost like Overhead tank, Compound wall, Parapet wall etc.
- The contractor needs Approval for carrying Extra works on site.
- Settlement terms if Both parties want to discontinue work mutually.
- Owner holding of 3% on ever bill which will be given after project completion.
- The responsibility of Building Contractor till 3 months after project completion for Civil problems.
- Final bill Settled to the Civil contractor after measuring actual work done on site.